Coast to Coast Packhorse guided running tours offer a fantastic opportunity for dedicated runners to experience the legendary Alfred Wainwright coast to coast route. The trip covers 192km in 10 days with an average pace of 7-8km an hour. You’ll be running through some of the best scenery in the UK, so we build in regular breaks for taking photographs as well as taking refreshments on board.
The Guided Running Challenge
The challenge offered by our guided running tours means that we recommend you have taken part in similar runs before. Long trail runs of 12-16 miles per day in the past will help to prepare you. The route includes climbs, varied terrains and probably difficult weather conditions. Every runner will be issued with a medical disclaimer to sign before starting our guided running tours, and we recommend taking out comprehensive travel insurance.
What We Offer
As well as offering knowledgeable local guides to help you make the most of the spectacular surroundings, our guided running tours include the following:
- Top quality accommodation
- Luggage transfers each day
- Free secure parking at our base in Kirkby Stephen
- Transportation to the start of the walk at Saint Bee’s and from the end at Robin Hood’s Bay
- Transportation for any guests too ill or injured to walk
- Free training and pre-run learning about the route
- Breakfast every morning
- Packed lunches
If you feel you need a break from running for one of the days, we’re happy to arrange cycling, a lift in our minibus or public transport as an alternative option. As well as the logistical details of the guided running tours, we provide each guest with a comprehensive information pack. This includes details of:
- What you need to pack
- Things to look out for
- Services along the way including banks, shops etc.
- A bespoke personal itinerary
- An Ordnance Survey map booklet
Although evening meals are not included in our guided running tours, we use our local knowledge to book the best places to eat in advance,. Get in touch with us today to find out everything about what our guided walking tours offer.