Coast to Coast Packhorse specialise in the Alfred Wainwright coast to coast route, and, with a Director who’s been a lifelong fell-runner, we have all the expertise to put together the best running holidays. Our local knowledge of the area means we know everything about the landscape and likely weather.
Bespoke Running Holidays
The tailored nature of our running holidays means you can choose how many miles you do per day. The entire route is 280km and you choose how quickly or slowly you want to run it. What follows is an example of a 10 day plan:
- 1 St Bees to Ennerdale Bridge. 14 miles
- 2 Ennerdale Bridge to Rosthwaite – via Haystack and High Stile. 14.5 miles
- 3 Rosthwaite to Patterdale – via Helvellyn. 17.5 miles
- 4 Patterdale to Shap. 18 miles
- 5 Shap to Kirkby Stephen. 21 miles
- 6 Kirkby Stephen to Reeth. 23 miles
- 7 Reeth to Danby Wiske. 25 miles
- 8 Danby Wiske to Clay Bank Top. 21 miles
- 9 Clay Bank Top to Grosmont. 5 miles
- 10 Grosmont to Robin Hood’s Bay. 15.5 miles
What We Provide
We also arrange all of the accommodation for the trip. We use our local knowledge to book the best guesthouses, inn, hotels and bed and breakfasts.
We transfer your luggage from each accommodation to make sure it’s waiting there for you. If you’re unable to run because of illness or injury, we’ll drive you to the next point on the itinerary. Although evening meals and lunch aren’t provided in the running holidays package, we’ll recommend the best places to eat, and a packed lunch can be purchased from each place you stay.
- Every guest on pour running holidays is provided with an information pack which includes:
- What you need to pack
- Things to look out for
- Services along the way including banks, shops etc.
All of this will be emailed to you as a PDF before your trip, so you can store it on your smartphone or other device.
Prices for our running holidays range from £465 to £1,749 per person, depending on the number of nights, from 5 to 23.
Get in touch today to find out everything you need to know about our bespoke running holidays.
Free Runners Pack
All our running holiday customers also receive a free runners pack, including nutrition gels and bars, emergency bag and a pair of fell socks along with 10% discount for online purchases at Pete Bland Sports.