We provide a comprehensive range of services creating a supportive backdrop to your self-guided trip. Where you may wish to organise your own accommodation, we can provide as much or as little support as required and having tailored a schedule to fit your needs, the team can cover all the logistical assistance you may need.
For independent customers we offer a unique combination of daily services depending on the activity being undertaken, these include:.
Secure Car Parking
- Located at our minibus meeting point in Kirkby Stephen
- Fully secure with permanent site staff
- Only a short walk from the centre of Kirkby Stephen
- £5.75 per car per day
Daily Baggage Transfers
- Excellent working relationship will all accommodation hosts
- Regular as clockwork and fully reliable
- Tags and labels sent out to you in advance
- Excess baggage storage and delivery to final destination
- Prices for runners from £10.00 per move OR £140 for up to 16 moves (whichever is lower)
- If booking less than 24 hours before first transfer – £11.00 per move
- Start/Finish Service
- Kirkby Stephen to St. Bees (08.00 daily)
- Robin Hood’s Bay to Kirkby Stephen (16.00 daily)
- Fully licensed to carry fare paying passengers
- Back up passenger transfers offered across the full route (west to east/availability permitting)
- Transfers are £32.00 per person per move
- Back up passenger transfer cost on request
All accommodations located in the towns and villages on the route can be serviced as long as they are accessible and on our minibus routing – please just ask if in any doubt.
For East-West transfers you’ll need to have two bags (A and B) and alternate which bag you have each night.
As our bus travels east we pick up one of your bags, hold it overnight and then drop it in front of you the next day – pick up your other bag – hold & so on.
We charge a little more for the ‘bag unit’ at £12 per transfer (i.e. per day).
The only thing we obviously can’t do East-West a lift between stops.
We collect Bag A on the day you arrive in Robin Hoods Bay (need to be in RHB before 3pm). Then we collect Bag B the day you start your walk.
At St Bees we drop off the bag we have retained overnight at your place of stay in St Bees, then collect your previous night’s bag, retain it overnight and the following day drop off your second bag at your accommodation before you depart for home.
We regularly service:
|Cleator/ Moor Row||Richmond|
|Ennerdale Bridge||Danby Wiske|
|Borrowdale||Clay Bank Top|
|Keld||Robin Hood's Bay|
Ennerdale Cat Crag, Black Sail, Helvellyn, Beak Hills Farm, South Side Farm, Eskdale , Boggle Hole YH and several accommodations located down in the old village of Robin Hoods Bay cannot be serviced. Bags for these places are retained overnight and dropped at the next location the following day – so you just need to take your essential overnight gear with you. Bags for Boggle Hole Youth Hostels and others in Robin Hoods Bay can be left at Bay Taxis in Thorpe Lane, Robin Hoods Bay. (small surcharge applicable).
You are responsible for making sure the place you have booked to stay is fully accessible to our drivers to drop and collect from between 8am-4pm. If you are using an AirBnB or similar you must give us any access code or instructions. Please be aware that if our driver is unable to obtain access then your bag will not be dropped / collected.
The maximum weight limit per bag is 20kg.